Susan Borquez

Attorney At Law

Call Today, Free Initial Consultation

(805) 482-3738

Probate Services in Camarillo

When is Probate Required in California?

If your loved one owned a Moorpark property in his or her individual name and does not have a Trust, a probate proceeding will be required in order to transfer title to heirs or to sell the real property. If your loved one did not have a Will (also referred to as dying intestate), probate is often necessary to transfer assets and may result in your assets being distributed to unintended persons. Even when there is a Will, probate may be required to transfer assets to beneficiaries and pay debts if your loved one owned real property or held assets
valued in excess of $150,000.

The probate process is court supervised, lengthy, emotionally taxing and expensive. For more information on probate, please read our FAQs that answers general questions.

You need an experienced lawyer who can navigate you through the process as quickly as possible. Ventura County attorney Susan Borquez has practiced in this area of law for more than 30 years. She can assist your family with California probate administration and probate litigation if conflicts emerge.

Experience Combined With Service

When you work with our law firm, you not only benefit from our attorney’s experience, but you will also receive an unparalleled level of service. We are available when you have questions or concerns.

Our approach starts with an explanation of the probate process, so you know what to expect. Then we work diligently to help you through each step in a timely manner.

Planning Services To Avoid Probate

Our firm also offers proactive estate planning services that can frequently avoid the need for costly and lengthy probate. For instance, administering an estate through a living trust is usually quicker and less costly than probate.

We also review existing estate plans and title to real estate to ensure everything is coordinated. One mistake we commonly see is lender refinancing that removes a property from a trust. This leads to an unintended probate proceeding.

Planning Services To Avoid Probate

We can answer your questions and help you develop a plan that will protect your loved ones. Call our office at (805) 482-3738 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.